Spot majestic whales and sip award-winning wines – an unforgettable day out in Hermanus and the scenic Hemel-en-Aarde Valley
Private tour of the whale route with a professional English-speaking guide in an air-conditioned vehicle. Pick-up from your hotel.
Price from: From R2900 for 2 pax.
Hermanus, Clarens Drive, Hemel-and-Aarde Valley.
8:30 – 10am.
We tailor each tour to your individual tastes and interests. Let us know your preference and we’ll do the rest.
Hermanus is famous for two things: whale watching and wonderful wines. This memorable tour brings together these two passions. During the months of July to December, the Southern Right whale migrates to South African waters to calve, giving visitors plenty of opportunity to see them frolick close to the coast.
We will visit the pretty town of Hermanus and spend time walking along a cliff path to spot whales nursing their young. We will guide you to the prime viewing sites and also the best beaches for ideal photo opportunities. Hermanus has lots of quaint cafés, boutiques and restaurants on offer so enjoy a leisurely lunch in town while you explore local specialities.
After lunch we will depart to the beautiful Hemel-en-Aarde valley (meaning ‘heaven and earth’ in Afrikaans). This mountainous valley that spills out onto the Atlantic Ocean is a must-visit for wine lovers. Its unique terroir – clay soil and cool sea breezes – give wines their unique flavour. With over 15 wineries to choose from, let us know your wine preference and we’ll let you taste whatever you fancy.
We will stay on the whale route, heading back to your accommodation via Clarence Drive – voted one of the most beautiful drives in the world. This beautiful coastal drive stretches over 21km, passing pretty towns along the way and giving you yet another opportunity to admire whales.
- Whale watching from the best viewing spots around
- Includes a wine tasting in the Hemel-en-Aarde Valley
- Clarence Drive, voted as one of the most beautiful drives in the world
- Pick up and drop off from your accommodation included
- Optional: Boat trip to view whales up close
- Optional: Ziplining in the Hemel-en-Aarde Valley
- Optional: Visit the Stony Point Nature Reserve – home to one of the largest successful breeding colonies of African Penguin in the world
- Optional: Visit the Harold Porter Botanical Garden